Sutherland Lodge Surgery PPG
Surgery Staff Room 6.30 – 8.30
Attendance: Cathy Trevaldwyn (Chair), John Cameron-McIntosh Veronica Sadowsky, James Taylor
Apologies; Roger and Jenny Turner, Given the agenda Cathy had suggested to Sue Wray that she need not attend
It was agreed that the record of the meeting would be based on action points. These were taken by John, which was much appreciated..
1. Discussion of the CQC report
- Recognised the great improvement to the CQQ report.
- Action point: Cathy to give staff a gift – acknowledgement.
2.NHS General – recent announcements about changes in care, particularlyPrimary Care:
- More skills coming into the surgery.
- More focus on primary care.
- Local care. rather than attending hospital
Newsletter. sent out by email
Second newsletter.,still things we need to improvements
It had been arranged that Cathy should meet with Rebecca for advice on Mailchimp
2) There was some discussion about printing copies off as hard copy and whether it should be included on the website
3) Once newsletter is presentable – increase recipients – ongoing campaign – AGM, Not just for patients
Veronica had passed over her biography. These were awaited from james, Roger and Jenny
The surgery coffee mornings for patients/carers with different needs. T2 members of staff were organising these.
Unfortunately the session for young carers had not worked out as planned.
Cathy has supported the staff by attending when she could or helping with obtaining literature, The intention is that Cathy should provide more support by having a sort meeting with them
The next session is on 20th Feb (theme is reminiscing) Veronica referred tot the library boxes. Cathy to tell the staff.
Date for forthcoming year – see attached. All dates are related to activities
- Nicki (current secretary) to become Deputy Manager
- New secretary to be appointed soon.
Terms of Reference.
- After requests to add additional information these were agreed They are to be included on the website, displayed
AGM/Public Meeting Arrangemeents
Venue ; Millenium Centre off Baddow Road , 20/2/19 Speaker Dr Caroline Dollery, (Dr in Danbury + former Chair to MECCG also Chris Pearson , Head Primary Care.
Publicity: Cathy. To dealing with various outlets.
Furniture – Jim. – to shift according to plan
Welcome – Veronica
Reminder to speakers – Cathy
Flipchart – Cathy. ?? not easily available
Sue and Ravi to be invited
Photos Jim to bring camera
‘Voting packs for SL attendees
AGM report followed by vote- Ray Berris and Sue Wray to count
Cathy to email Chris about Reception.
was discussion about the problems with on-line booking, particularly there were being such a poor selection that people don’t bother to look and instead try to phone.