Sutherland Lodge PPG Meeting – 9th May 2018.
- Worked for the NHS for nearly 40 yrs.
- Over 25 yrs in the acute – Ortho / OPD management / PFI Assistant PM £ 360M build
- Left to become a Mechanical Engineer
- Been working for VC previously Assura Medical since March 2009
- My current role is Project Manager for the PCBU.
- Overseeing the transfer of services when we take them over
- Conducting internal audits and advising on actions required.
- Project Managing any other work within the BU
- Number of patients on list. 11,211 today will monitor weekly
- Does the number of patients influence the number of sessions?
Yes, It does influence number of sessions in that there is a KPI within the contract stating so many appts per 1000.
c) ) F&FT and survey – Are you getting numbers completed. Are there any trends in comments
- Julie lovely, professional & very friendly, professional and polite
- Lovely staff
- Absolute pleasure to come here easy going staff, drs are very helpful and easy to make appts – Best Doctors I’ve been too
- Reception are good
- Lovely Nurse – very professional
- Very Happy Patient – signed
- Always been treated with respect
- Dr Douglas is amazing! Kind and empathetic to patients and their families
- We as a family have received excellent service from the staff. In particular
- Very happy with the way you are treated – BIG THANKS
- Everyone works so hard
- Improvement on getting through on the tel. Friendly staff, good doctors thank you
Comments for us to consider what we could do to resolve the concern:
- Want permanent GP not locums. Importance behind NHS Choices feedback – star rating especially when trying to recruit goo GPs
- Difficult to get through to make appt – (Trend) Service manager does a daily capacity and demand review and in the build we will try & look at an improved phone system
- Open weekends or at 7am would be helpful to avoid queuing at 8am (2/3 responses)
- Don’t like the layout of the seats in the waiting area – PPG to help with ideas?
- Basic training in courtesy and helpfulness is long overdue . Staff have recently had Conflict Resolution training and customer service training
- GP communication could be improved – We will look to be addressed these at the next Clinical Governance Meeting
d) ) Coffee morning team. Carers coffee meeting, future plans
- Carer’s Morning: 12th April – Dementia – Great success (Pics/ bunting)
- Dementia Friend Training – Cathy and Ray joined the staff
- Dementia Drop-in clinic – Once a month 4th Thurs 1-3pm – 24th May. Attended: Sharon Markham.
- Dementia Action Week – 21st May.
- Next Carer’s coffee morning will be with the Parkinson’s Nurse and Age Concern – Date TBC
e) Staff training (Not sure what you wanted but to give you overview)
- Normal S&M requirements
- Conflict resolution
- Customer service training
- Dementia Friend Training
- Possible MH training
- S1 Task Schedule training
- Safeguarding Awareness Raising Training (In addition to S&M)
f) Building works
- Awaiting layout drawings.
- Cathy has met with Guy (Property Lead) – no change since that meeting,
- Will share plans once received.
- They will be displayed for staff and patients to see when appropriate.
- Likely to visit Mon 21st May
- A huge amount of work is on-going to ensure we have the evidence we need to back up what is happening.
- Ipad & wifi (Wi-fi now in the service for all to use – Guest wifi)
- Cathy helping with increasing numbers of on-line registrations
- NAPP application supported by paying initial fee for Cathy to join
- Service Leaflet – Input from the PPG included (Service Leaflet to hand out)
- ID and name badges due to be delivered tomorrow
- Carer’s Badges suggested by Staff – All issued and wearing them
- NHS Birthday – 5th July The NHS will be turning 70 on 5 July